"Residents can help provide safer working conditions for our workforce by following these best practices:
• REDUCE THE WASTE YOU GENERATE- During this unprecedented time, residents should be mindful of the quantity of waste they generate, so as not to overwhelm the collection system. For example, this is not the best time to clean out the garage/do spring cleaning.
• STOP SETTING OUT YARD WASTE AT THE CURB. Start grasscycling, backyard composting, and limit generation of yard waste if possible. Yard waste is still accepted at the I-66 transfer station and I-95 landfill complex.
• BAG ALL TRASH and REFUSE – Bagged trash limits exposure to potentially harmful materials, such as used tissue that could spread viruses and bacteria.
• KEEP ALL RECYCLING CLEAN AND LOOSE – When recycling is loose in the bin, not in bags, it is easier to process. Removing food and liquid residue from recyclables minimizes the spread of viruses and bacteria. Only place plastic bottles and jugs, paper, cardboard, cartons and metal cans in the bin.
• EMPTY ALL LIQUIDS – Liquids in bottles, cans, and other containers can carry viruses and bacteria and can splash onto collectors when trash and recyclables are emptied.
• WIPE/DISINFECT CART HANDLES AND LIDS – The two main touch points on a cart for collectors are the lid and the handles. By wiping those areas down with disinfectant or soapy water, you minimize the danger of shared contact areas.
• SEAL AND MARK ALL SHARPS/NEEDLES – Properly dispose of medical sharp objects such as syringes by placing them in a sealed, rigid plastic container. Seal the container with sturdy tape, clearly mark it as “Sharps,” and place in the trash.
Note: Bag regular trash but keep recyclables loose!
Save the Date: Virginia Sales Tax Holiday – Virginia's 2021 Tax Free Weekend is coming! Beginning Friday, August 6, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. until Sunday, August 8, 2021, at 11:59 p.m., consumers can purchase qualifying school supplies, clothing, footwear, hurricane and emergency preparedness items, and Energy Star® and WaterSense® products without paying sales tax. For more information, including a list of qualifying items, visit www.tax.virginia.gov/virginia-sales-tax-holiday
Need Help if you get the Covid-19 Virus? View this article. This is a great article for families that might get the virus. https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/2020/09/14/people-fighting-the-pandemic-in-fairfax-shakiba-kovacs-community-health-worker/
Please be aware, in Fairfax County, you are not allowed to park on the hard surfacehttps://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/2020/09/14/people-fighting-the-pandemic-in-fairfax-shakiba-kovacs-community-health-worker/
COUNTY'S NEW WEB PAGE
In response to citizen requests, the county’s Department of Planning and Development has set up a new webpage to make more land use information available to residents. This site contains links to
• the zoning applications received and accepted in the previous week,
Visit: Online Land Use and Development Research Tools | Planning Development (fairfaxcounty.gov) Currently in-Process BOS and PC Zoning Cases - Land Development System - Fairfax County, Virginia If you have any questions regarding these land use cases or any other cases, please email: Provdist@fairfaxcounty.gov or Mason@fairfaxcounty.gov or call: Providence - (703) 560-6946 or
Mason – (703) 256-7717
NEW WEB PAGE ADDED.....
We will soon have a new page for "SERVICES".
Pine ridge members only will be able to advertise their businesses on our web page for FREE! Just send your information to Arla Albers at firstname.lastname@example.org . Advertising must be no larger than a business card size. Unfortunately, you may NOT advertise someone outside the Pine Ridge area. We welcome babysitters, lawn mowers, dog sitters, etc.
If you are a teen, your parents must be members.
If you are not a member, you can pay $20 to the civic association and mail it to
Dottie Glading, our membership chair at 8601 Hillside Place, Fairfax, VA 22031
Having problems with the deer eating everything in your yard? Who would have thought Irish Spring bar soap? The directions I've found are: chop it up in your blender (or CAREFULLY shave it with a knife) and sprinkle it AROUND (not in) your flower bed area. https://www.tysonsreporter.com/2021/07/01/vdot-lays-out-timeline-for-i-66-construction-in-fairfax-and-dunn-loring/?mc_cid=debd95fa47&mc_eid=d30a054990